- By FXT
- OCT 21, 2022
A trend is a tendency for prices to move in a particular direction over a period. Trends can be long term, short term, upward, downward and even sideways. Success with forex market investments is tied to the investor's ability to identify trends and position themselves for profitable entry and exit points.
FXT Navigator™ has defined the following setups for Strong Buy to Strong Sell in its trend summary.
- Price is higher than the fast MA and medium MA is higher than slow MA, then it is Strong buy.
- Price is lower than the fast MA and medium MA is higher than the slow MA, then it is Buy.
- Price is lower than the fast MA and medium MA is lower than the slow MA, then it is Strong Sell.
- Price is higher than the fast MA and medium MA is lower than the slow MA, then it is Sell.
If you click on a symbol’s name a new chart is going to pop-up with the FXT Trend indicator that displays the 3 MAs from the trend settings. This way you’ll be able to see the MAs you have selected. The slow MA is painted with 4 different colors in order to help you identify the signal from the specific bar.
- Dark Green for the Strong Buy signal
- Light Green for Buy
- Orange for Sell
- Red for Strong Sell
This will help you understand better if a combination of MAs is helpful for the selected symbol and if it can provide useful info about when to enter (or exit) the market.