Downloading the MT4 Platform
- By FXT
- NOV 02, 2022
How to download the Metatrader 4 (MT4) trading platform onto your computer.
1. Log into the client portal, your logins are sent to the email you registered with.
2. In the client portal, click on Downloads menu up the top.
3. Click on the corresponding heading, in this case, the MetaTrader 4 heading just below the main headings. It may already be on MetaTrader 4 (in blue).
4. Click on the corresponding download, if you are using a windows computer, download the windows version of MT4.
5. The download will start, and be available to access via the "Downloads" folder in your computer and will often display in the download icon in your browser. Google Chrome generally shows the download at the bottom of the browser.
6. Click on the downloaded file to open and run it.
7. Click next on the dialog box, wait for it to load (it may take a couple of minutes), then click finish.
8. MQL5 website page will open up, you won't need this so you can close it.
9. The MT4 platform will open, showing some charts etc. You will need to log in to use the platform.
10. You will have received an email with the logins to your MT4 account.
The next lesson will cover logging into your platform, in case you are having any difficulties with this stage.